Good for the Environment
Because we are in the business of returning end-of-life components to same-as-new condition, we reduce waste and minimize the need for raw material to produce new parts. Through remanufacturing, we make one of the greatest contributions to sustainable development – keeping nonrenewable resources in circulation for multiple lifetimes
Remanufacturing is the process of returning end-of-life products to the same condition as when that product was originally manufactured, in a manufacturing environment. Products are returned to the original “same-as-new” condition or sometimes better in terms of durability, life span and performance.
Cat Reman Sustainability Highlights:
- 2+ million “cores’ returned in 2010
- 134 million lbs material remanufactured or recycled per year
- Recycle 200,000 lbs cardboard, 3.4 million lbs wood annually
- Preservation of ~85% of original energy “value add”
- Approaching “zero landfill” status
There are no reviews yet.